Your St. Patrick's Society is delighted to announce The Long Walk Home 2022 - Tour of Ireland Edition!
Last year, for The Long Walk Home, the Irish community and friends in Singapore undertook a virtual journey home, from Merlion Park Singapore to Dublin Airport. The over 17,000 kilometre distance was an accumulation from over 100 participants, young and old, with each walker and runner averaging approx 180 kms in the month.
This year we're back, this time with a tour of Ireland, to take in the places we have missed, or haven't had the opportunity to visit yet. Each group will participate in up to 5 people to allow for safe distancing measures in Singapore, meaning everyone can participate together in their group of 5, and individuals can elect to join a group for the duration of the challenge. We are starting January 17th 2022 with an aim to finish during March to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Let us know if you are keen to be assigned a team at the sign-up page.
If you're new to Singapore, please let us know and we can make sure to get you in a team of like minded friends to show you the best areas to walk, run, cycle and keep fit for 2022.
Entry includes a completion medal for both adults and for children. We're delighted to announce that each adult registration will include a donation to AWARE's Hope in the Dark fund.
1. Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin
2. Powerscourt House & Gardens, Co. Wicklow
3. Johnstown Castle Estate, Co. Wexford
4. Brownshill Portal Tomb (Dolmen), Co. Carlow
5. Emo Court, Co. Laois
6. Kilkenny Castle, Co. Kilkenny
7. Rock of Cashel, Co. Tipperary
8. Waterford Crystal, Co. Waterford
9. Blarney Castle & Gardens, Co. Cork
10. Ring of Kerry, Co. Kerry
11. King John's Castle, Co. Limerick
12. Cliffs of Moher, Co. Clare
13. Spanish Arch, Co. Galway
14. Westport House, Co. Mayo
15. Strokestown Park House & Gardens, Co. Roscommon
16. Sligo Abbey, Co. Sligo
17. Glencar Waterfall, Co. Leitrim
18. Knights & Conquests Heritage Centre, Co. Longford
19. Killykeen Forest Park, Co. Cavan
20. Marble Arch Caves, Co. Fermanagh
21. Donegal Castle, Co. Donegal
22. Gortin Glen Forest Park, Co. Tyrone
23. The Peace Bridge, Co. Derry
24. Giant's Causeway, Co. Antrim
25. Tollymore Forest Park, Co. Down
26. Armagh Observatory and Planetarium, Co. Armagh
27. Monaghan County Museum, Co. Monaghan
28. Old Mellifont Abbey, Co. Louth
29. Brú na Bóinne, Co. Meath
30. Sean's Bar, Co. Westmeath
31. Clonmacnoise, Co. Offaly
32. The Curragh Racecourse, Co. Kildare
33. Dublinia, Co. Dublin
34. Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin
AWARE's Hope in the Dark Fund
The terrible news of what happened to Ashling Murphy in Ireland on January 12th has shocked the nation and those of us further afield. With Ashling in mind, we have chosen to donate all profits from the Long Walk Home - Tour of Ireland 2022 to AWARE's Hope in the Dark fund. Despite the relative safety of Singapore, violence against women still occurs. AWARE's Hope in the Dark fund aims to ensure the Sexual Assault Care Centre meets demand for its services, it also aims to expand its Sexual Assault First Responder Training and its Birds & Bees parents' education programme. We hope our donation will contribute to this vital service in Singapore. Thank you to everyone for participating in this event if you would like to make a further donation, this can be done through the AWARE website