Paddy's Day Kids
We are super excited to announce our St. Patrick's Day Celebration for our younger members and friends.
We are bringing the fun and craic of the St. Patrick's Day parade and festivities to you!
On the big day itself March 17th at 4pm we will have a St. Patrick's themed party via zoom with the fantastic Fizazzle. This hour-long event will have themed storytelling, games, dances and fun. If you cannot attend on the day, we will be sharing access to the recording of the various sections of the party.
See below for colouring pages and more fun stuff to do.
Please post your photos and videos of your St. Patrick's Day costumes and festive fun on Facebook and Instagram. Don't forget to use the hashtag: #wearyourgreenforstpats2022
Colouring and Crafts
Taste of Home
Our favourite baking recipes to remind us of home; scones, soda bread and shamrock cookies.
350g Wholewheat/wholemeal flour,
150g all-purpose flour, 1 tsp salt,
1 tsp baking soda, 3 tblsp seeds
(sunflower,pumpkin, flax seeds),
25g butter softened, 1 egg,
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
2. Sift together the flours, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix in the seeds. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre.
3. In a jug measure the buttermilk and beat in the egg. Pour most of this liquid into the flour mixture and mix by hand. Your fingers should be outstretched like a claw. the dough should be soft but not too sticky, add more of the buttermilk mixture if needed.
4. Turn out on to a floured surface and bring the dough together. I like to make it in a loaf tin which I have pre-lined with baking paper. If you prefer you can share into a round about 4cm thick and cut a cross in the middle.
5. Bake for 15 Minutes. Turn don the oven to 200C and bake for another 30 minutes. When done you should hear a hollow sound when you knock on the bottom of the loaf. Leave on a rack to cool.